Building poly awareness, country by country. Poly-in-the-media lists outside the US?
When the histories of the modern polyamory movement are written — tracing how, in just a few decades, the concept went from literally unthinkable to a relationship option eventually known to all — one of the characters in the tale will be Green Fizzpops (not her real name) in South Africa.
South African Poly, and its ZApoly discussion list, well over a decade ago, collected a coterie of members and fellow activists, and persisted for long years when the returns were few. Now poly in South Africa seems to be gaining force.
One thing that she's done is maintain a list of poly coverage in South African media. The list is reprinted below with permission.
I'd love to find such lists for other countries, or regions, or languages, to link to here and maybe repost. This website is being archived at the Kinsey Institute Library. So a reprint of your material here will help preserve it for researchers forever.
If your country or language does not already have such a list, maybe this is the universe telling you to create it. And if your country or language has nothing yet to list... well, you have a mission.
South African media articles related to polyamory
- The paradoxes of polyamory, 23 June 2017, Mail & Guardian
- You don't have to choose monogamy... but it's okay if you do, 8 May 2017, W24
- How polyamory is allowing me to grow not only as a partner but a person, 5 May 2017, HOLAA!
- Shades of Love: Thinking about how you love, 9 March 2017, HOLAA!
- Poly on Valentine’s Day: Navigating non-monogamous love on romance’s ‘big day’, 15 February 2017, HOLAA!
- Why Polyamorous Marriages Aren't As Crazy As You Think, 13 February 2017, Huffington Post SA
- Here’s why being in a polyamorous relationship can work (even though mine didn’t), 6 September 2016, W24 (was Women24)
- So, how does polyamory work?, 17 February, 2016, The Star
- Top Google Searches in 2015 in South Africa, 16 December, 2015, ITWeb
- The more love the better, 24 November, 2015, FourwaysReview
- Polyamory: loving without limitation, 17 August 2015, Perdeby
- Is monogamy really for you?, 14 April 2015, News24
- Poor taste April Fools Joke by Mamba Writer : Polygamous gay marriages to be legalised in South Africa, 1 April 2015, MambaOnline
- Perks and Pitfalls of Polyamory, 17 March 2015, Helen Walne, Cape Argus LIFE
- Could you have two boyfriends?, 2 March 2015, Cosmopolitan
- The lowdown on polyamory, 4 February 2015, Daily Planet
- Love the one you’re with, 25 January 2015, City Press
- Is one man not enough to satisfy you? Then maybe you should try polyamory, 24 January 2014, Women24
- Is Monogamy A Myth?,13th January 2014, Men's Health
- What women want are multiple partners, 7 January, 2014, TimesLive
- How To Date Multiple Partners, 23 December 2013, Men's Health
- Love the ones you're with, 20 September 2013, iafrica.com, Love and Sex
- Can an open relationship stop cheating?, 3 September 2013, IOL
- Rebranding polyamory does women no favours, 27 August 2013, Mail & Guardian
- Openly loving more than one person, 19 March 2013, The Star
- Poly puts the kettle on, 28 July 2012, City Press
- Polyamory: would you?, March 2012, Cosmopolitan
- Sharing is caring, 29 October 2010, The Citizen
- Polyamory: Loving Multiple Partners, June 2010, Sense Magazine
- Polyamory works for us, April 2010, Fair Lady Magazine
- Polyamory, My Story, 27 August 2009, Alternative Eye
- Cliches barred and convention challenged, 18 June 2007, Sunday Times
- Forget monogamy -- we're polyamorous, 13 November 2005, Mail & Guardian
- How To Share a Lover, 10 May 2005, Health 24
- Bringing a new meaning to sharing, 12 April 2005, The Star
- Sex talk: Speaking of Open Relationships, 2005, Gmax.co.za
- Many loves better than one, 21 May 2003, Mail & Guardian
- KayaFM interview, 28 June 2017
- GaySA Radio, Rainbow Talk interview with Avri Spilka about polyamory, 25 October 2016
- TalkRadio 702 and Cape Talk 567mw Friday Stand-In Rebecca Davis spoke to a polyamorist, 1 April 2016
- Unisa Radio, Student-produced CampusWise interviews a ZAPoly member, 11 February 2016
- Power 98.7 FM, Power Up's Sebenzile Nkambule interviews a ZAPoly member about polyamory, 10 December 2015
- TalkRadio 702 and CapeTalk 567mw, Audrey Masango spoke briefly to 3 ZAPoly members about polyamorous relationships, 28 July 2015
- Power 98.7 FM PowerTalk interview with a ZAPoly polyamorist with Eusebius McKaiser, 8 January 2014
- TalkRadio 702 and CapeTalk 567mw, OverNight Live radio interview, 11 August 2013
- TalkRadio 702 and CapeTalk 567mw, Redi Thlabi interviews 2 ZAPoly members, 31 August 2012
- Radio 2000 interview, 3 August 2012
- BushRadio interview, 9 July 2008
- CapeTalk interview, 16 April 2008
- 3Talk with Noeleen interview Audio, 28 February 2008
- news24live first segment, The sex is safer, the kids are alright - South
African polyamory, 20 July 2015
- news24live second segment, 'I realised I was polyamorous 5 years into my marriage' - the difference between polyamory and polygamy [Transcript], 20 July 2015
- news24live third segment, The principles of openness and honesty upheld by the community, 20 July 2015
- news24live fourth segment, Not exactly holding our breathe for marriage equality, 20 July 2015
- 3Talk with Noeleen interview Video (80MB), 28 February 2008