Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



December 17, 2013

Interview with the Kimchi Cuddles artist



When I saw the first Kimchi Cuddles comics last May it was love at first sight. The NRE has worn off, but the love has only deepened and grown. Today Louisa Leontiades, who runs the MultipleMatch.com blogazine, publishes an interview with the artist.


Interview with Kimchi Cuddles – Poly Awareness Through Comics

Tikva: It’s a funny story… I was in a relationship with a person and made a passive-aggressive complaint to him in the form of a comic. But it was a happy every after, because his response was that I am HILARIOUS and should immediately start a web comic about polyamory. Seriously I doubted. But I tried it anyway just to see, and I’m continually amazed by how much love and support I receive from strangers all over the world who read it daily....

...Have any of your friends had problems being depicted in your cartoons?

No, surprisingly. Even the person who Soliloquy is based on brags that she’s in the comic (she’s an ex-girlfriend of mine that I may have been mad at when making some of the comics). Most of the people who are depicted in the comic read the comic daily and enjoy it, and even email me suggestions/stories! It probably helps that I love all my exes and think they’re awesome....

How true to life is it?

All the characters are based on real people, and if you know any of them in real life it’s extra hilarious.... Kimchi is all me, but little pieces of me also exist in Nora, Lilly, and Marco....

Tikva, the real Kimchi 

...Will you be publishing a cartoon book?

I hope to start a kickstarter (or something like that) to create some sort of coffee table book, hopefully before the spring....

(Interested in Xmas shopping for those other significant others in your life? Go to Kimchi Cuddles Shop.)


Read more, (Dec. 17, 2013). And here's the artist's own self-description.

[Permalink]

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all the sweet cuteness her humor is sometimes devilish. For instance you know all the lame jokes about women getting wet when horny? This looks like it was meant to top them forever:

http://kimchicuddles.com/tagged/chrono/chrono/page/167

December 17, 2013 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The followups to that:

http://kimchicuddles.com/tagged/chrono/chrono/page/173

http://kimchicuddles.com/tagged/chrono/chrono/page/176

http://kimchicuddles.com/tagged/chrono/chrono/page/191

http://kimchicuddles.com/tagged/chrono/chrono/page/208

December 17, 2013 10:46 PM  
Blogger Joyful Girl said...

I just want to say thank you for all the awesome stories and resources on your blog; there are so many gems on here! I am definitely going to order some custom gift portraits from Kimchi Cuddles for my anniversaries.

December 19, 2013 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home