Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



July 2, 2014

“Dan turned to me and whispered, ‘I have a good feeling about this one.’ ”


BT.com

It's standard poly advice: don't even think of trying to fix your marriage by bringing in a third. But there's no standard poly advice that some people somewhere don't successfully ignore. In particular, couples who are otherwise happy solve sexual incompatibility problems this way often enough to notice.

British Telecom (supplying TV and internet to 18 million U.K. customers and operating in 170 countries) runs a tabloidy website that today presented such a story. The people are in Maryland.


Real-life story: My husband let my boyfriend move in


Being in a polyamorous relationship means Dan is happy to share his wife Holly with her boyfriend Tom.

Married for seven years, but incompatible in bed, Holly Ritchey asked her husband if he’d mind her dating other people.

So, with his blessing, the mum-of-three from Maryland, US, set about finding another lover.

And, last month, Dan – who doesn’t want to date anyone else – gave permission for his wife’s boyfriend to move in with them.

“Walking up the aisle in March 2006, there was no doubt in my mind Dan was the only man I’d spend my life with,” Holly, 36, says.

“In my long white dress and tiara, it was all pretty traditional. Now we’re anything but!”

...In 2013, she came across polyamory online. It means having loving relationships with more than one person.

Nervous, she broached it with Dan, but he actually thought it was a great idea. “He told me his goal in life was to make me happy,” Holly says....

-----------------------

...“As the three of us chatted, Dan turned to me and whispered, ‘I have a good feeling about this one,’” Holly recalls. Soon after, Tom stayed over....

...All their friends and family are fully supportive, and the trio couldn’t be happier with their little family....

Read the whole long article (July 2, 2014).

Hey you three, if you're reading this, is there anything you'd like to say about how the article turned out, and how it came to be? And if you're in Maryland, by any chance was it Bmore Poly that got you together?

[Permalink]

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Holly said...

Hi, this is Holly! It's amazing to me how far this article has traveled - it's now linked in a lot of places. :)

I met Tom in person, at a local game store, so there was no poly group involved in our get-together. This article is a basic cut and paste of a longer feature that appeared in Chat magazine, a tabloid also based in the UK. The original article gave a little more detail about our relationship and how it came to be. A reporter searching for poly people to write about had sent me a message based on my participation in an online forum - that's how this article came about into existence.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.

July 10, 2014 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home