Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



August 16, 2019

NBC: "Gaby Dunn on embracing her polyamorous bisexuality and why she loves 'The Bachelor' "


Remember No Fun Gaby Dunn, one of the young queer poly comediennes out there? In 2014 she jumped to fame in the poly world as the face of this viral 3-minute Buzzfeed video, "Ask a Polyamorous Person":



The whole vid.

More, and more.

Her career has continued to develop, with an abundant video presence, two novels and a third on the way. She just got a 20-minute interview on the NBC News divisions NBC Out and NBC Think. Some if it is slow by Gaby Dunn standards, so I'll jump you straight to the poly part:



Here's from the accompanying text:


By Christine Nguyen and Brian Latimer

With a popular YouTube channel, two podcasts, a New York Times bestseller and a handful of TV pilots, it can be hard to summarize exactly what Gaby Dunn does in one word.

“A lot of times I just say ‘writer,’ because that's what I wanted to be when I was a kid,” Dunn told NBC News. “If I'm on like a date, I try to not say what I do for as long as possible. So I'm sure I sound like I'm in witness protection because it's so hard to explain. Like there's too many.”

It’s a skill she put to use on her latest project, “Please Send Help,” a sequel to the New York Times bestseller “I Hate Everyone But You” that Dunn penned with her comedy partner, Allison Raskin. ...

...And she’s vocal about her bisexuality and nonmonogamy, two identities she said took her a long time to come to terms with.

...Dunn recently joined NBC News THINK and NBC Out to discuss coming to terms with herself, monetizing her identity and why “The Bachelor” is the greatest franchise about polyamory ever made. ...


The  whole video and its page (August 16, 2019).


[Permalink]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home