July 15 is DAY OF VISIBILITY for poly and other forms of non-monogamy. The OPEN org is coordinating.
Thank you! The inaugural Day of Visibility for Non-monogamy was a resounding success. Your commitment to raising awareness and fostering understanding of non-monogamous relationships was deeply felt. Together we reached countless people around the world with a message of acceptance and inclusion.Thousands of people gathered for in-person celebrations in over a dozen cities worldwide or opened up about their non-monogamous identities online. This was a huge step forward for awareness of non-monogamous families and relationships, representing a strong foundation we will continue to build on year over year.
The CNM Policy Project targets two essential areas to advance polyamory recognition and rights. In the healthcare sphere, I will spearhead efforts to propose a resolution in support of consensual non-monogamy within the American Psychological Association (APA). ... I will also advocate for policy support in other healthcare organizations, such as the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association.In the municipal domain, I will concentrate on stewarding [others'] efforts for non-discrimination ordinances that protect polyamorous families and relationships in municipalities across the United States. This will include activities such as engaging with community leaders and advocacy groups to raise awareness of polyamory rights and helping draft inclusive ordinances.
"We shouldn't have to hide, we shouldn't have to live in fear."
Here's an update on what we have planned:● We just published a[with lots of suggested graphics and text] to help organizations, content creators, and others create Day of Visibility content. and tag @openloveorg so we can share!
● We're offering for folks opening up about their identity. The sessions will be Friday July 14 at 6pm PST and Sunday July 16 at 3pm PST; RSVP at www.dayofvisibility.com. Note: we only encourage you to open up if it's safe for you to do so! Read more about "Safety and Coming Out" in this resource from our friends at Chosen Family Law Center.
● ! Check out the list below or sign up to host your own event (it's not too late – and we can help!)
– Picnic on Boston Common (RSVP for location)
– Meetup at Edgewater Park, 2pm (RSVP with host | RSVP on Bloom)
– Picnic in the Park at Glassell Park Recreation Area, 3pm-5pm (RSVP on Bloom)
– Picnic at Victoria Park, 3pm-8pm (RSVP with host | RSVP on Bloom)
– Picnic at Cherokee Park, 10am-1pm (RSVP with host | RSVP on Bloom)
– Pub Night (21+) at Trinity Bar, 7pm-11pm (RSVP with host | RSVP on Bloom)
– Picnic at Kapiʻolani Regional Park, 1pm-4pm (RSVP with host | RSVP on Bloom)
– Picnic and rally at Lake Merritt Amphitheater, 1pm-4pm (RSVP on Facebook | RSVP on Bloom)
– Beach Party at Natural Bridges State Beach, 11am-3pm (RSVP on Bloom)
– Polyamory Field Day at Magnuson Park, 4pm-8pm *Sunday July 16* (RSVP on Bloom)We also wanted to celebrate all the fabulous organizations and allies that have signed on to participate in the Day of Visibility. and you'll be joining the following endorsers: Asexual Visibility and Education Network, Bloom Community, Bonobo Network, CANDID, Casa Galenia, Center for Positive Sexuality, Chosen Family Law Center, Evergreen Hearts, Front Porch Swingers Podcast, GLMA: Health Professionals Advance LGBTQ+ Equality, Hump Day Quickies podcast, JOYclub, Multiamory Podcast, National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, Naughty Events, The Nonbinary Polihistor, Normalizing Non-monogamy Podcast, #open: Polyamorous & ENM Dating, "Open: A Journey Through Love" Documentary, Open Relating, The Pineapple Express Podcast, Playing With Fire Podcast, PolyActive, Poly Alt Parenting, Poly Pop Culture, The Polyamory Foundation, Queer Polyam Boston, Radical Relating, The Root: Birth, Babies, and Beyond, Sheff Consulting, Ready for Polyamory Podcast, Relationship Diversity Podcast, Soaring Heart Center, Stacey McLarty Attorney – Chosen Family Law TX, The Swing Nation Podcast, Swinger Society, and Woodhull Sexual Freedom Foundation. Plus more individual endorsers at www.dayofvisibility.com. This movement is mighty .
We are 8 days out from the first inaugural Day of Visibility for Non-monogamy and couldn't be more excited! We have a few resources and reminders for you all, and as always are available any time for questions via this email address: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.(1) Get out the word! This is the week to really push and get the word out! Digital organizing is essential for making ourselves visible and reducing stigma. Post on your social media now, next week, and day-of. Send reminders to your email lists, and encourage your communities to spread the word to their contacts and email lists! The Communications Toolkit has been updated to include graphics unique to the Day of Visibility that you can pull and adapt for your purposes. Feel free to include your own logo and use them on your social media and print materials.
Use the hashtag #nonmonogamyvisibility
Tag us on Threads, Instagram, and Twitter at @openloveorg(2) If you're hosting an in-person event, you can use the local press release template; if you're an endorser, you can use our national press release template (US and Canada). We've also included instructions on how to identify local news sources, adapt the template, and send to publicize your event. This is just a template -- please duplicate the document and adapt it for your purposes by dropping in your own quotes!(3) Final call for print materials! We have two brochures available: a Non-monogamy 101 brochure and 'Why we need to normalize non-monogamy' brochure, as well as stickers with the OPEN logo. Please let us know by Monday 7/10 how many of each asset you'd like to receive in the mail, along with an address for sending.(4) We'll be hosting two peer support sessions to support people around the process of opening up around their identities. Folks can sign up here on the Day of Visibility landing page. This page also includes resources on safety and coming out as non-monogamous.(5) If it feels consistent with your group's own advocacy approach, please feel free to direct folks to join OPEN's mailing list and to donate to OPEN.Finally, if you want more context for the goals, structure, and details of the event, we put together a concise overview here.Thank you all SO much for all you're doing to bring this historic event to life. We can't wait to see all the stories, photos, and love pouring in next weekend!